Now showing 1 - 5 of 10
- ItemMen's sheds and the Sustainable Development Goals: Local responses to global challenges(Centre for Co-operative Studies, University College Cork, 2022-12) Power, Carol; O'Callaghan, Alannah; Kenny, Michelle; O'Connor, Ray; Irish Research Council
- ItemCredit union social impact measurement and reporting: Realising the potential(Centre for Community Finance Europe, in collaboration with Liverpool John Moores University, 2020-11) McCarthy, Olive
- ItemFinancial inclusion among social housing tenants(Cluid Housing and the Housing Finance Agency, 2021-06) McCarthy, Olive; Faherty, Mary; Byrne, Noreen; Carton, Fergal; Clúid Housing, Ireland; Housing Finance Agency, Ireland; University College CorkThis research report examines access to and use of mainstream and alternative financial services by social housing residents in Ireland, with a focus on savings and credit.
- ItemThe economic and societal importance of the Irish suckler beef sector(University College Cork; Cork University Business School; Irish Farmers’ Association, 2018) Hennessy, Thia; Doran, Justin; Bogue, Joe; Repar, Lana; Irish Farmers’ Association
- ItemGo Co-op: recent cases of Irish co-operative start-ups(University College Cork, Centre for Co-operative Studies, 2018-09) Moroney, Aisling; Carroll, Bridget; McCarthy, OliveThis project aims to raise awareness of the role of co-operatives in Ireland and the practicalities involved in their establishment. This is achieved by means of detailing five case studies of new/emerging co-operatives. The focus of the case studies is on the motivations and experiences of these new co-operatives including factors facilitating and/or hindering their development. Cases cover a range of geographical locations, both urban and rural and a range of sectors from agri-food to retailing to environmental sustainability. It is hoped that the cases will be of benefit to: Individuals/groups wishing to establish a co-operative, whether in terms of inspiration or by way of practical example; Educators and researchers in need of relevant case studies to demonstrate the roles and practicalities as well as policy issues pertaining to co-operative development; Representative/apex bodies involved in the establishment and development of co-operatives. The co-operatives featured are: Aran Islands Energy; Co-operative/ Comharchumann Fuinnimh Oileáin Árann Teoranta; Donegal Woodland; Owners Co-operative: Ring of Kerry Quality; Lamb Co-operative; Courtmacsherry; Community Shop; Third Space Co-operative.