Dunisky, Co. Cork: a refuge souterrain?
No Thumbnail Available
McCarthy, J. P.
Cork Historical and Archaeological Society
The townland of Dunisky (Dún Uisce, 'water fort', see Ó Murchadha 2001, 98) is situated about 2.5 miles to the SE of Macroom, Co. Cork (Ill. 1). It is also the Civil Parish of Dunisky, and is located in the Barony of West Muskerry. In extent, it contains over one thousand acres. It was first surveyed by the Ordnance Survey of Ireland in 1841-42. An earlier survey of the townland survives, drawn by the Cork cartographer, Patrick Aher. It is dated 1791, and shows sub-denominations.
McCarthy, J. P., 2003. Dunisky, Co. Cork: a refuge souterrain? Journal of the Cork Historical and Archaeological Society, 108, pp.15-30 .
© Cork Historical and Archaeological Society